Sunday, July 29, 2007

Looking out, looking in

This is one of the most complex images I have created to date.

It utilizes four different key components: a photograph of a woman I took at the Boston Marathon, a scanned image of the movie poster for the film Attack of the 50 foot Woman, a Piranesi print of one of the churches of Rome, an old photo of two women taken in Paris. I then hand-painted the tiny figures in the Piranesi print, modified the tonal and color parameters and integrated the elements together using masking tools. This was not only one of my most challenging pieces but also thoroughly enjoyable. I took a "stream-of-consciousness" approach, letting the images do the conceptual work so to speak. The best way for me to work.

1 comment:

Mannie Gentile said...

very cool image.

Mannie